A Caribbean Labour Solidarity meeting to discuss the effects and political implications of the Covid 19 public health emergency.
Sunday 7 February 2021 at 2pm London time
Our Twitter account is https://twitter.com/clsuk1974
- Look at the slides… [Read only]
- The chat from the meeting…
- Report from Jamaica…
- Zero Covid Campaign…
Some links mentioned in the meeting:
- Report from Jamaica by Paul Ward
- Dr. Wayne Mitchell – Senior Teaching Fellow, of the Department of Immunology and Inflammation, at Imperial College London, Dr. Donald Palmer, Associate Professor of Immunology at the Royal Veterinary College and Dr. William Ackah, who is the Senior Lecturer in Black and Community Geographies at Birkbeck, University of London.
CLS Zoom Meeting – 2pm Sunday 10 January 2021
Watch the recording below
Melinda Janki is an international lawyer and an attorney-at-law in Guyana. A former oil lawyer she has been an outspoken critic of Guyana’s deal with ExxonMobil and the danger it poses to the Guyanese people. Melinda was legal counsel on a recent court case successfully cutting down Exxon’s environmental permits from 20+ years to 5 years.… Read on ...
Sunday 6th December at 2pm
This will be an on-line zoom meeting.
Admission free, but you will have to register in advance.
Jacqueline Walker will lead a discussion on the accusations of antisemitism being levelled against Jeremy Corbyn, former leader of the British Labour Party.
Launch: 16 November 2020, 7pm – available until 15 December
The day after the BBC1 premiere of Steve McQueen’s ground-breaking Mangrove film, watch a compelling account of this historic trial by two of the protagonists:
defendant Altheia Jones-LeCointe
& defence barrister Ian Macdonald QC
- In order to Pay & View click one of the links below depending on your location
- Click the PLAY VIDEO ARROW to buy your ticket – you can pay by card or PayPal:
- Your confirmation email contains the link to access the film whenever you